Applying for a Non-Immigrant Visa
Detailed information about the non-immigrant visa application process including paying the application fee and scheduling an appointment is available on the Information and Appointment Website. Visa information is also available by calling the Visa Call Center at (868)-224-3099 Monday to Friday, during the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
The process of applying for a non-immigrant visa to the United States includes five distinct steps:
- Completing an online application called the DS-160.
- Visiting the Information and Appointment Website and register for visa services by creating an account.
- Paying the application fee at a Scotiabank. You must first register online before you can pay the fee. Here is a list of common visa application fees.
- Schedule an appointment. This can be done online via the Information and Appointment Website or by calling the Visa Call Center at (868)-224-3099 Monday to Friday, during the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Appearing at the U.S. Embassy for fingerprinting and/or interview.
- Most applicants must appear in person to their non-immigrant visa appointment.
- Applicants ages 14-79 years old will be fingerprinted during the interview. This is an
inkless, electronic process that takes just a few seconds to complete.
- Certain applicants renewing visas may qualify for an interview exemption (but still need to schedule an appointment for document and biometrics submission).
- Applicants younger than 14 and older than 80 may not have to appear in person at the Embassy under certain conditions.
Details on these programs are available at:http://trinidadandtobago.usvisa-info.com