Consular Consolidated Database: Updates on Operational Status.
- We have made significant progress and issued most of the worldwide backlog of nonimmigrant visa cases. We are working to bring the Consular Consolidated Database back to full operational capacity.
- We continue to prioritize immigrant visas, adoption cases, and emergency nonimmigrant visa cases. We are printing visas for these cases and all cases with very few delays.
- Please check with the embassy or consulate where you will apply for additional information.
Non-immigrant Visas are visas for a temporary stay in the United States. The type of non-immigrant visa that you require is based solely on your purpose of travel. Some of most common visa types that people apply for at this Embassy are: Business/Tourist, Transit, Student, Exchange Visitor, Crew, Information Media and Temporary Worker Visas. A complete list of non-immigrant visa types is available on the Department of State’s Travel website.
- Who needs a visa?
- Applying for a Non-Immigrant Visa
- Diplomats, Government Officials and International Organization Officials
- Emergency & Expedited Appointments
- Administrative Processing Status Check
- Group Appointments
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Passport Validity
We would like to warn applicants against paying money to anyone who claims to work for the U.S. Embassy or any “Visa Consultant” who promises to get you either a green card or a U.S. Visa. There have been reports of persons paying money to individuals who promised them a visa, saying they represented or worked at the U.S. Embassy, or could obtain a visa. These individuals are criminals, and this is a scam.