The DS-160 Form
- I’m applying with my family. Would one form be sufficient?
- I started filling out my DS-160 but forgot to write down the application ID. How can I retrieve my application?
- I have already submitted my DS-160 but just noticed that there was an error on the form. How can I correct this error?
- I am completing my DS-160 form but cannot upload my photo, now the application is not allowing me to move forward. How can I skip the photo upload?
- Do I need to print the entire DS-160 application?
- I lost my last visa and therefore I do not know my last visa number. What should I do?
- I lost my last visa and therefore I do not know the date that my last visa was issued. How do i answer this question?
- Where can I get additional information about the DS-160?
No. Each individual, regardless of age, must have an application form submitted in their own name.
The application ID is required to retrieve an incomplete application. If you do not have the application ID then you will need to start a new a new application.
If you become aware of the error before your appointment, you may complete a new application. Be sure to double check all the data entry before submitting the new form. If you’ve already scheduled an appointment using the application ID of the erroneous form, this is not a problem. Submitting a new form will not affect your appointment. If the Embassy staff notices an error on your application at the time of your appointment, they will advise you on what to do to correct the error.
The DS-160 requires you to upload a photo. If the digital photo of the visa applicant fails to upload, you can upload any other photo. You can then continue completing the application. If you upload an alternative photo please be sure to bring a photo that meets the photo requirements to the appointment. This photo must be a printed copy; photos stored on digital medium such as CDs and flash drives will not be accepted.
No. The Embassy only requires the printed confirmation page that you receive after the form has been printed. You can choose to print a copy of the entire application for your own records.
If you do not know your last visa number, you should use the “Do not know” box provided.
If you do not know the exact date that your last visa was issued then you should enter the best estimated date.
Further information about the DS-160 is available on the Department’s Travel Website.